My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gratitude



This month is a relflection of Gratitude with it being the spirit of Thanksgiving. I have been extensively teaching my children the history of Thanksgiving. I am teaching them the good, the bad, and the ugly of the first Thanksgiving. I hope and pray that what I am trying to get through to them will work. I REALLY want my children to learn to have a constant feeling of gratitude. I believe with gratitude we will find true joy in life. Having gratitude helps to keep us from feeling sorry for ourselves and our situation.

I am SO grateful for the knowledge Heavenly Father has given me about my health. I am even more grateful that I never give up on myself. I KNOW that I will master my natural man some day. I do know what is best for me, and it isn't always what I think it is. I am always learning and growing. I realize now that I don't have to be perfect. I do always have to be trying though. Sometimes in my quest to be perfect I stop trying altogether. So with that being said, I will NEVER stop trying! I love myself and know that my Father in Heaven loves me. Each day a little more motivation comes to me! I can and I will take care of this temple in which my spirit dwells; for THAT is the only true way I can show thanks for my body!

No comments: