My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Monday, April 5, 2010

100% CRUNCH!!



Great day today! Had a green smoothie for breakfast and veggie sandwich for lunch. I notice that my Chlorella makes me nauseous when it finally dissolves.

For dinner I had my favorite homemade bread with a little olive bruschetta. The bruschetta has black olives, green olives, capers, and olive oil all chopped up. I said in my last post that I would be eating only homemade bread that I am in control of. I decide what does or does not go into my bread. I still do not want to be in the habit of eating it everyday, but I am not going to eliminate it all together for now.

Anyway, my favorite bread is called 100% Crunch and I want to share it with you. I use a bread maker so I have no instructions other to put it in the bread machine, put the setting on whole wheat, and set it at a 2 lb (or large) loaf.

100% CRUNCH
1 1/4 c. +1 Tbs. Water
3 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 ts. salt
2 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. molasses
1 Tbs. gluten
2 Tbs. olive oil
2/3 c. seeds (I use equal amounts of sunflower, flaxseeds, & pumpkin seeds)
2 tsp. fast rise yeast or 3 tsp. active dry yeast

2 comments:

jennycherie said...

I really want to try this- it looks like a great bread recipe, especially since it can be done in a bread-maker! Do you allow your bread to bake all the way in the bread-maker or do you just mix in the bread machine and bake in the oven?

The Adams Family said...

Hey Jennifer. I let it bake all the way. However, sometimes if I am in need of several loaves, I take it out let it rise, and then bake it while starting another loaf in the machine.