My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

100 day raw food challange

I forgot to mention that yesterday was day 1 of Bunny's 100 day raw food challenge (check the link under my favorite websites). This is great for me, because my first 30+ days were 90+% raw. I would like to push that to 100% over the next 100 days. I woke up completely re-motivated! For breakfast, I am enjoying a yummy melon right out of the Hardle's garden. Thanks Dave & Lori! I've made mock raw "Meat Loaf" and some raw oatmeal cookies for Jamie. She is going on a short trip w/her parents and I want her to be prepared. You CAN do it Jamie.

1 comment:

smacklips said...

Hey Melissa!
How far is Nauvoo from Louisville, KY? I don't know anyone that is doing the raw food thing out here unless they have been dragged on board by me. Would love to see how far we are and maybe we can do a meet up sometime. Maybe there aren't any raw restaurants between Nauvoo and Louisville, but maybe we can find something that would work! Keep on keepin' on sista! ~Gabrielle