My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Failure leads to appreciation!

Sometimes, we must fail at what we do in order to appreciate what we are trying to do. Of course, this is not the case in all adventures in life. However, I do believe that in the raw food journey this is vital. We sometimes forget how our body feels on the SAD (Standard American Diet). It takes a day like today to REALLY appreciate how the raw diet makes me feel. I didn't eat well at all today and boy am I feeling it now. I am miserable, bloated, and in pain! But you know, I am in a different frame of mind then what I have been in the past. This would normally discourage me, but instead it inspires me. I love living the raw food life style and I am grateful for the knowledge I have. Today I ordered some "super" foods. I ordered Goji Berries, Raw Cacao, and Raw Maca. I will keep you informed on these.
Have a Happy, Healthy Day!

1 comment:

Irishsyl said...

Melissa, you are such an inspiration to me.... it's great that you can just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get right back into eating raw. I think we sometimes need the reminder of what the SAD diet does to our bodies, the we are REALLY motivated again. I need to boost the percentage of raw food I eat each day. It is hard when it is only me eating the food I prepare, but I will keep offering it to my family. Hang in there. Sylvia