My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 5, Wisdom teeth and pain killers

Ouch! I had a wisdom tooth pulled out today. I am surviving so far with NO pain killers. They prescribed me Vicodin. I had the prescription filled "just in case". However, I am not a fan of medication, especially pain killers. I also would like to avoid them as I am on the cleanse. I also have a strong threshold for pain. This isn't to say that everyone who gets wisdom teeth pulled out shouldn't take a pain killer. I am just saying give it a try. You might be surprised what your body can handle.

So I got the prescription filled. I am always curious about the "Possible side effects", and this medication's side effects were as follows: "Nausea; Constipation; Sedation; Dizziness; Vomiting; Dry mouth; Sweating; Anemia: Abnormal blood cell count; Change in urination frequency or amount". Holy Cow, that sounds worse then the pain. Now I realize those are just "possible" and in most cases "rare". However, what kind of poisons and toxins are in these medications that would cause such severe side effects?

Because I am not feeling well at all I am SO not in the mood for my lemon drink. Actually what I am craving right now is some cold natural apple sauce. However, I am stronger them my temptations and I will chug my drink down. Thank goodness for such an awesome family to take care of me and themselves so that I can get the rest I need! Through a blessing and prayer I know I will do this without pain killers!

Have a Happy Healthy Day!

No comments: