My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

12 Steps to Raw Foods

I am currentl reading the book "12 Steps to Raw Foods" by Victoria Booutenko. I am loving this book! She discusses how addicted we are to cooked foods and how to overcome that addiction. She discusses the diffrenece between being 95-99% raw compared to being 100% raw, and why it is vital to be 100%. She takes you through the 12 steps to overcome your addictions. This book has completely motivated me! Today is day 4 of my 100% raw food life! I am excited! BTW, I had to end my cleanse at 5 days due to my wisdom tooth. I had a HORRIBLE allergic reaction to the Novicane and threw up, & threw up, & threw up & threw up. . . . .You get the picture!

Have a Happy, Healthy Day!!

No comments: