My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

More RAW, less sleep!!

Ok, I have been 100% raw now for 11 days. No cheating. That is the longest I've went with ZERO cheating! I have to say that the biggest difference I have noticed is my lack for need of sleep. I have been getting a lot less sleep, but not lacking in energy for it. I used to get a good 7 hours of sleep, then I would sometimes take a 20-40 min nap during the day. Now I've been getting 5-6 hours of sleep. I just wake up between 4:45-5:30 am, and I am ready to start my day. Then I work all day w/out stoping. I never feel the need for a nap. Today I worked remodeling a room and would walk past the kitchen a few times and grab a few raw cashews or figs. That is all I ate until 3pm. I wasn't at all hungry and I was working VERY hard! I am LOVING this. I also just found out that there is another woman in my area who has been 100% for 3 weeks now! Yeah, I found some more support!

Have a HAPPY, Healthy day!!

1 comment:

Margo Ameera ♥ said...

Great Blog Melissa! I look forward to reading future posts...wow, 9 kids...amazing! I think 3 is all my sanity can handle..hehe