My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Monday, February 16, 2009

My most amazing husband! & Daughter!

On Sunday, my hubby decided, "I want to be raw!" I was shocked! He has always been very supportive of what I do, but this is above and beyond! He says he knows that he needs it, but he just isn't sure if he can stick w/it. Well, I know from my experience how hard it is to make that transition. It took me several months to become 100% vegetarian and even longer to become a vegan. I will support him no matter what. If he succeeds, I will cheer. If he struggles, I will cheer. He said that either way, he knows he needs to stop eating meat and dairy. Hey, I'll take anything! Not many women get such committed, supportive, and good looking guys! Sorry ladies!

Sariah also decided the same day that she wants to try raw. She became a very STRICT vegetarian about 5 years ago (she was only 7). I know this will be more difficult for her as she loves snacks. I am so very proud of her and will do whatever it takes to support her! Tom and her have been 100% for 2 days in a row!

Have a Happy, Healthy Day!

No comments: