My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Good (w/raw) & the Bad this week

What a week! Monday morning I had my 3rd and final wisdom tooth cut out. No fun! The bad part is, I was still somewhat sick when I got the tooth removed. That just made matters worse, because I got worse! I have been sick, tired, & miserable ALL week. I feel like I have spent my week sleeping and drinking cayenne. I know I need the rest, but I am sick of it! I miss my energy and my yoga!

However, in the midst of my illness, I still see benefits of staying raw. My weight seems to be dropping off. I am NOT one to lose weight easily, but it seems pretty easy right now. I have also noticed this week a softness to my skin. My face seems more soft, clear, and smooth. I've seen this in other raw fooders before, but never noticed a difference in my own skin. I am really seeeing a difference now.

Next week is a new week. I WILL be feeling better, have more energy, and will being doing my new Yin Yoga DVD. I also can't wait to run on my treadmill (or outside if weather is good). For now, I will curl up in my pj's with much gratitude for a warm home. I can hear the cold, bitter wind outside my window. Please. . .spring come NOW!

No comments: