My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

RAW TACO RECIPE

I have to share one of my favorite raw recipes. I got the recipe from a Youtube video. If you do a search on youtube for raw tacos you will find it. However, it is a 2 part video so be sure to watch them both.

Sorry, I do not have an exact recipe, but it is more by taste anyway:
2 cups of walnuts (they do not have to be soaked)
cumin to taste
garlic powder to taste
1-3 TBS. Nama Shoyu (raw soy sauce)

Mix well in a food processor or vita-mix. It will look like a "meat" consistancy.
Serve on a leaf of any favorite green. I use Collard Greens.
Add fresh salsa, cut romaine, tomatoes, avocados, black olive. . .
Just add whatever you would add on a taco, but raw.
The next time I make this I will take a picture and post it. It is SO yummy, and full of lots of greens.
ENJOY!!

Have a HAPPY, Healthy Day!!