My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Raw diet & sickness

I mentioned before that my entire family was sick and how I wasn't sure what it was that kept me from being sick. Well, Thursday night I started to feel sick, but was still able to teach my sprouting class. My symptoms were not as severe as my family's. I had the fever, cold chills, and felt tired, tired, tired! Yesterday was even worse. I was afraid it was going to hit me full blown. I still went shopping and remodeled my daughter's bathroom, but after that I slept ALL day. My temp was betwee 100.2-100.8; much lower then my family's.

I complained to my hubbby that this wasn't fair. I, being raw, shouldn't get sick. As we discussed it, I came to some realizations. First off, being raw does not keep you from catching a virus which is what my family had. However, being raw helps to fight it off faster and with less severe symptoms. My family was OUT, in bed, in pain, and MISERABLE (some vomitting). I had a slight fever, no headache, no body aches, and was still able to function. I mean really, I went shopping and remodeled a bathroom. The other thing is, I feel a LOT better today. The fever is gone, and the tiredness is worn off. I really only had a MILD form of it for about 36 hours. My family was sick for 4-5 days w/a few still hacking up their lungs.

In short, had I not been 100% raw, this would have hit me twice as hard, twice as long. It is amazing what your body is able to overcome when you give it the right nutrients. BTW, cayenne is a best friend when mucus arrives. Well, best friend to you, worst enemy to mucus.

Have a HAPPY, Healthy Day!

1 comment:

The Ivie's said...

I found this blog and thought you might enjoy it.

http://www.greenandcrunchy.blogspot.com/