My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Friday, March 13, 2009

How to Overcome Strong Temptations!!

I had a ROUGH night tonight. I am emotional, hormonal, and well. . .just a woman! The kids had an early out and I wanted to have a special night for them. I bought them the ready bake cheese pizza's from the store. That is a big treat since I don't usually feed them pizza. Anyway, I hadn't started making my dinner when the pizza's were coming out of the oven and my kids were slicing them. I was SOOOO tempted!! That was the worst I have been tempted to eat cooked foods since I have been 100%. It would have been SO easy for me to just pick up a slice and devour it! I quickly made myself a raw taco w/collard greens, and a green mix instead of romaine. I made THREE of them. My thought was that I would rather eat too much raw food, then give into a little cooked food.

I CANNOT believe I did not give in. Personally, I feel like the answer to nearly any craving is GREENS!!! EAT GREENS when you are tempted. What if you don't like greens? It doesn't matter! Do something to make it taste good to you. Put it in a smoothie. Just do something to get some greens in you! And get AWAY from the temptation! I walked out of the kitchen and ate my meal away from the pizza. Thank goodness my kids were almost done by the time I started eating. I can't image how sick I would have felt had I given in. I KNOW it would NOT have been worth it. I am now 39 days at 100% raw, and nothing feels better then to say that on a day like today!

Have a Happy, Healthy Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What do you put on your taco? I am 7 days raw. :)