My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Monday, April 27, 2009

A Happy Healthy Day!!

Ok, as far as a Happy, Healthy Day; this has been a great one! I was 100% raw today and I went on a 45 min. walk WITH ankle weights, and half of the walk was uphill! I ate lots of greens and took my vitalherbs and barleymax. I also talked to a good friend about being raw, and she too is ready to begin again. That really made my day! I also secured some financial future for my family today. This has everything to do with health because feeling secure and happy helps us release toxins. On the opposite hand when we are angry, stressed, frustrated, or worried it is toxic to the body. We should do all we can to release stress in our life. Prayer, my hubby, friends, meditation, and yoga are my stress releases, and I am grateful for all of them! I realize that not everyday can be so full of joy, but we can make it full of joy if we purposely look for the positive in our lives. I can guarantee that no matter how bad a day may seem, there IS positive in it!

Have a HAPPY, HEALTHY DAY!!

No comments: