My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Melaleuca Testimonial

Due to a late night, I didn't get to blog yesterday. I was 100% raw yesterday w/the exception of a few corn chips in my taco salad. I took a hike yesterday and LOVED it. I took off my MP3 player and enjoyed the beautiful sounds of nature. I also did an hour of yoga. I am ready for some different yoga DVD's. I like the ones I have ok, but the instructor talks too much. Any suggestions out there?

Today was a great day. I did eat a little bit of popcorn (homemade), but all else was raw. I went for a good, short, brisk walk w/my oldest daughter. I enjoyed being with her. I also got a LOT of deep cleaning done in my laundry room and that felt GOOD! I have switched to natural products for cleaning my home. I now use Melaleuca products and am loving it. They are very inexpensive and boy do the laundry products really WORK. Just so you know, this is coming from a mother of 9 children. That spot cleaner even got out my husband's ring around the collar. Ok, now I sound like a commercial, and no, I am not selling it. It just makes me happy that I have found a product that works, is inexpensive, and MUCH better for the enviornment.

I also got to babysit for one of my favorite babies! These things may seem mundane, but they are all part of a happy, healthy life. Keeping balance is important to good health. Loving and serving others, even if it is your own family can bring us joy!

HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY DAY!!

1 comment:

tacy said...

My first few semesters in Rexburg Frank Vandersloot, (the owner of Melaleuca) was in my Bishopric. And my last few semesters in Rexburg my Bishop was McKay Christensen (the President of Melaleuca)