My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Raw taco picture!

Ok, so this is one of my favorite (ok, so that doesn't mean much since I have a LOT of favorites) raw foods. I used to try using Collard Greens, but we just do not live in the right area for big beautiful greens like I see on the internet from people out west. Anyway I buy this romaine type lettuce. I didn't do the taco "meat" in this one. I spread fresh guacamole on the lettuce, then add tomatoes, black olives, diced jalapenos, diced onion, and fresh salsa, and chopped up greens. I even put on a few cashews for some crunch. This is what I ate for dinner tonight. Oh yeah, and I stayed 100% raw today! Yeah! I feel SO good today! I even had the temptation of pie at a friends house (who does not know my diet). When I declined the offer, she offered me a piece of fruit and some prunes instead. Imagine my excitement!





HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY DAY!!