My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 15 July 13, 2008

Wow! Can't believe it has been two weeks now. With the exception of a few slips ups, this has been easy. I look forward each morning to my green smoothies.
I noticed today that I still have a "security" issue w/food. I was at church and I realized I didn't bring any "snack" or water. I almost felt panic, and wanted to go home and grab something. I also noticed I felt very sleepy at church. Probably detoxing.
We went to a pot luck later. It really impressed me how I had very little to no desire to eat the cooked food. However, I did have a few bites of potato. I brought my own carrot pecan burger and ate raw fruits and veggies. The Bedards came over after to taste almond milk, sprouts & left over raw "meat" loaf. It was fun to share.

No comments: