My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 30 July 28, 2008

Wow! It seems as though this should be the close of my journey; like doing a cleanse, "My time is up." I don't feel that way at all. I actually know that this was just the first 30 days of the rest of my life. Raw has changed my life, my body, my way of thinking (it's much more clear now), and even my spirituality. I feel more in tune to my body then I have ever felt. I can actually pick up a food and know whether my body needs it or not. I am no longer addicted to food!!! I now eat to live and nourish my body instead of living to eat. I dont' have a constant thought of food anymore. My love affair of food hasn't stopped, it has just gone to a new level. Instead of thinking about the tast I love, I think about the good it can do for my body. I have much more grattitude for food instead of fear! I no longer fear lack of control. I no longer fear the affects the cooked food will have on my body. I am so very grateful to my Father in Heaven for giving me the knowledge I have. I will take this new vigor and energy and give it back to Him in service! Thank you, thank you!!!

No comments: