My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 6 July 4, 2008

HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY!!! Tom & a few of the kids really LOVE the almond milk I make. Gariel & Emma Jo helped me squeeze it. Alexis asked me to teach her how to make it. Cool! Soak almonds over night
1 cup almonds
4 cups pure water
4 dates (pitted)
2 Tbs. Agave
Blend in Vita-Mix (blender), then pour through a cheese cloth & squeeze. The left over "pulp" can be used in other raw food recipes. Very easy!
We went on a picnic today for the 4th. I ate way more cooked food & pop then I should have. I felt so sick, bloated and miserable afterward that I vowed never to do that again. That was actaully a very good experience for me. It made me appreciate the raw lifestyle that much more. I will eat raw the rest of my life. I also sat at the door of a store today. 90%+ people I watched walking in and out were over weight. It is an epademic in our contry today. It made me so very sad. Some even had to walk w/a limp! I don't want to be there. I want my body to be healthy and active so I can serve the Lord longer and with more vigor!
I took some enzymes to help me digest the dead food I ate today. It has been hours and I can STILL feel it. Don't worry, I was still 100% vegetarian. We sold our house today. YEAH!!

No comments: