My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 16 July 14, 2008

Wow. I was so cranky today. However, I have been reading the book: Living on Live Food by Alissa Cohen. Tonight I read that the begining of this diet may cause detox. Irritability was one symptom. I have that!
So far, I have been 95-99% raw. After my reading today, I am motivated to go 100%. I know I CAN and WILL do it!
I have noticed my temptation lessening a lot! Tonight I got the munchies and I had a headache and had been cranky a lot. I decided I would "cheat" tonight. I opened the fridge and prepared myself a snack w/out much thought. It was such a joy to me when I realized I had prepared an all raw snack! I did it naturally! It was what my body wanted. I was so excited. My body's needs are finally taking over my mind's wants. This is so much bigger then anyone can realize!!!! I come from a family of food addicts (myself included). I feel so much joy, accomplishment & grattitude; Grattitude to my Father in Heaven. Thank you Father for this yummy, nutritiuos, and healing food you have given us. I pray for wisdom and strength to do this the rest of my life! Oh yes, my wheat grass is looking great!

No comments: