My Name is Melissa and I live in beautiful Nauvoo, IL. This is a blog to record my journey on raw food. I will share with you my first 30 days on raw food, some of my favorite recipes, and some very helpful websites. I am sharing because so many people have asked. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ctradams@juno.com



My Favorite Raw Salad Dressing
Garlic, Ginger Dressing
1 1/2 c. Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1/3 c. Garlic Bulbs
2 Tbs. Ginger (about a 1-2 in. section depending on thickness)
3 Tbs. Nama Shoyu
1/2 c. Fresh squezed lemon juice

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high power blender until smooth. This dressing is VERY yummy!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 19 July 17, 2008

Another 100% raw day. Yeah! 132.8 was my weight tonight. I lost another 1.2 lbs. That is a total so far of 5.2 lbs. That really is a lot for me. It takes FOREVER for me to lose weight. The only time I get this low in my weight it when I do the cleanse. I am truly amazed!
My wort on my thumb is getting smaller! I have had that thing burned off 2 times by a doctor. Both times it grew back bigger and harder and sometimes painful. That is amazing!
I started my period today which ALWAYS come w/bloating, cramps, and fatigue. Obviously, I didn't have bloating or I wouldn't have lost weight. My cramps were so minimal that I didn't even recognize them as cramps. Instead of a 2 hr nap that I take when I am on my period, I took a 15 min nap and felt great. I can't believe I wasn't wiped out and in pain. Thank you Heavenly Father.
I am SO EXCITED!!! Jamie has decided to go raw w/me! I can't believe it! I cannot wait to see results for her. I think I may be more excited over her progress then my own. YEAH!!
I just feel so much peace and calmness. I am SO happy with this lifestyle. Tom is at Youth Confrence and I really miss him :-(. Jamie and I went grocery shopping after WW. Oh yeah, Viv (Jamie's mom) and her friend Sylvia came today and tested some of my raw cecipes. Sylvia, Jamie, and I walked today.

No comments: